Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Shakeology-It's Breakfast time!

I've always incorporated protein shakes into my menus because they are fast, easy and delicious!  
Now I've switched out my usual strawberry/banana whey for Shakeology because of all the extra nutrition and honestly, I don't like to miss a day of Shakeology because I feel so much better when I have  it every day.


There are load of "recipes" on the Shakeology website that you can use but I like to keep it pretty simple. For the chocolate shakeology, I often just mix it up with water, ice and a little cinnamon and a T. of extra vanilla whey.  If I need extra fat or calories, I mix the chocolate with 1/2 banana and a teaspoon of peanut butter...and always lots of ice!  Yesterday, I mixed the chocolate Shakeology with water, ice and 5 frozen strawberries. It turned really thick and frothy like a chocolate mousse! The boys loved it! We had to eat that with a spoon!


For the greenberry Shakeology, I like it with watered down pineapple/orange juice, ice and 1/3 banana. Or just the juice and greenberry. The tanginess of the pineapple and orange cuts a little of the natural sweetness of the greenberry. 


What I love most... there are no artificials in Shakeology. No caffeine. Gluten free. 
So the natural energy I am feeling when I'm taking Shakeology is because I'm getting so much nutrition that my body craves!


Enjoy the day! Get out and do something active with your family today! Move your body! If you are stuck at a desk all day, make your break an active break. Go walk some stairs or get outside for even a few minutes and get some fresh air!


Together fit!


Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment