Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Cuisinart Griddler G-4

This is, without a doubt, my favorite kitchen appliance of all time. We bought it a year ago as a 'Mother/Father's Day' present and we have literally used it almost every day since then..except vacation, of course. I generally don't like appliances that clutter up my kitchen countertop. But for this, I make an exception, because we use it so much.
It makes cooking your meats in a healthier way so much easier and quicker. 
The meal in the picture took 5 minutes! I was alone that day so I put an Orange Roughy filet on the grill along with some fresh snap peas, seasoned the fish with cajun seasoning and the beans with a fresh ground garlic/sea salt blend, closed the lid and Voila! Everything was done in about 5 minutes! 
Today, I grilled an entire family pack of boneless, skinless chicken breasts. The grill can be opened up for more space, but I prefer to use it as a panini grill and do all my fish, chicken and turkey burgers that way, even if I have to do a couple of batches because it's faster and the meat stays more moist. 


What else you ask?  Well, my boys love to make zucchini pepperoni grillers. They also make their own panini sandwiches, homemade healthy egg 'mcmuffins', grilled cheese sandwiches (don't have to butter the bread!), burritos. It's also a snap to make garlic toast. Put thick slices of whole wheat french bread on the griddler, spread with a little olive oil and garlic/salt. Close lid and by the time you get the rest of the food on the table, the toast is ready!


If I could recommend one appliance for healthier eating, this would be it! No excuses now. A grilled  boneless, skinless chicken breast takes 5 minutes. Pair that with a salad and supper is done in less time than it takes to decide what to get in the drive-through.


Anne 

No comments:

Post a Comment