Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Flounder Tonight!

Well, first of all, let me say I wasn't pleased when I saw a package of flounder in my freezer. But Dave said Sams was out of the Orange Roughy that I had on my list. Out of Orange Roughy??? What is up with that? I couldn't remember why I didn't like flounder, but I wanted fish for supper and flounder is what was handy.


I thawed out the flounder and then remembered! Ah. I didn't like it because it didn't grill well on my Cuisinart Griddler. It is so thin that it becomes kind of like jerky when you grill it. And then it tastes rather fishy too. I remembered having it rolled up and swimming in a creamy sauce, but of course I'm not going to put cream on top! So I looked around the kitchen. What could I roll up in the flounder!
Here is what I ended up doing and I must say...it was tasty.


I thawed out 6 flounder fillets. I cut a jalepeno lengthwise into ribbons. I spread some spicy course mustard on the fillet put a ribbon or two of jalapeno, and a tiny strip of 2% swiss cheese. Then I sprinkled cajun seasoning over the tops of the fish rolls. 


On the heated panini press I carefully placed the rolled up fish. Aside from the fact that it stuck pretty badly even with Pam spray, I have to say it was delicious. My boys were even asking for more.  {This is a thought...since flounder is evidently very low in fat, I'm going to put olive oil on it next time and spray the grill.}


And that's...the flounder story for tonight.


Oh! I almost forgot. Next to the flounder, I put thick slices of vidalia onions!Mmmmm...


Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment